Re: Large-FAT32-Filesystem Bug

From: Torsten Scheck
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 09:46:43 EST

Erik Andersen wrote:
On Fri Dec 05, 2003 at 10:52:31AM +0100, Torsten Scheck wrote:
[...]
I found a critical FAT32 bug when I tried to store data onto an
internal IDE 160 GB and onto an external USB2/FW-250 GB hard
disk.

Does this help?

-Erik

[... int=>loff_t ino,inum-patch ...]

Hi Erik:

I applied your patch to 2.4.23 and it solved the problem. No more lost clusters. All data stays where it belongs.

I'll test it for a few days and get back to you later.

Thank you very much.

Torsten

I'm still very content with your patch. As I mainly rsync between an ext3 and a vfat 200+GB filesystem, I'm pretty sure that there was no single error.

Thanks again.

Torsten