Re: Bug in "select" dependency checking?

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 09:56:44 EST

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 15:00, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
>
> > With this configuration, menuconf gives me this message (among others):
> >
> > Warning! Found recursive dependency: NFSD_V3 NFSD_ACL NFSD NFSD_V3
>
> This is indeed a wrong positive, the patch below fixes this, but you if
> change your config into e.g.:
>
> config NFSD_ACL
> bool "..."
> depends on NFSD_V3
> select NFS_ACL_SUPPORT if NFSD
>
> you avoid the warning and it does the same.

Does it? I would assume this to limit NFS_ACL_SUPPORT to y or n
depending on the value of NFSD_ACL. If should be y, m or n depending on
the value of NFSD.

> Or you could also write this simpler as:
>
> config NFS_ACL_SUPPORT
> tristate
> default (NFSD && NFSD_ACL) || (NFS_FS && NFS_ACL)

That's much more elegant than my "handwired" version. But I prefer
select: NFSD_ACL and NFS_ACL are in different patches; with select, the
patches don't conflict with each other.

Thanks,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>