Re: [2.6.1] Kernel panic with ppa driver updates

From: walt
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 15:44:34 EST

viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 09:36:24AM -0800, walt wrote:

This panic started with the bk changesets applied by Linus yesterday.

The ppa driver works fine when compiled as a module, but when compiled in

Very interesting. So it works as a module (== finds disks and handles them
OK) and dies when it's built-in?

Right.

Could you post the actual oops? ...

The reason I didn't post it is that it has already scrolled off the top of
my console by the time I can read anything :-( I can see the hex values
for the registers and hex values for the stack trace, but nothing earlier
than that. I looked in /var/log/messages but I see that kjournald doesn't
start until well after the oops.

I thought about compiling in support for console on serial-or-parallel
port but I've never been clear on just what to plug into the serial-or-
parallel port after I've done that. Can you give me a hint how I can
get the whole oops message for you?