Re: psmouse.c, throwing 3 bytes away

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 21:36:36 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 05:24:27PM +0000, Murilo Pontes wrote:
> > I try kernel with/without preempty/acpi/apic make all possibilities,
> > then may be error is not in kernel, but in XFree86-4.3.0 which not support big changes in input system
> > of 2.6.x, I tried compile XFree86 with linux-2.6.{0,1,2} kernel headers was 100% fail, sounds binary
> > and source incompatibilites,
>
> Hey, guys, could you possibly try to figure out what your machines have
> in common? I've switched all my computers to PS/2 mice so that I have a
> bigger chance to reproduce the problem, but it is not happening on any
> of them.

Heh. I have a USB mouse and I see similar problems:

Red Hat 9 (more or less), XFree86-4.3.0-2, kernel 2.6.0-test10, dual
athlon, USB Logitech optical mouse, configured to read from
/dev/input/mice (only!).

Every few hours the mouse suddenly jumps to a corner of the screen and
seems broken for a second or so. After that I can move it back to
where it is useful.

I never noticed such behaviour when running 2.4 on this box, nor when
running earlier 2.6 kernels.

There is nothing about "atkbd" or "mouse" or "lost synchronisation" in
the kernel log.

-- Jamie