Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc1

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 05:29:33 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

Ok, this is another big merge of a number of pending patches, although to some degree the patches have now moved "outwards" from the core, and most of them are in driver land.

There's a lot of network driver updates (have been in -mm and Jeff's testing trees for a while), and Al Viro has been fixing up not just network drivers, but also cursing over parport interfaces ;)

Andrew's patches are all over, from fixing warnings with new versions of
gcc to merging things like the ppc updates he had in his tree, and everything in between.

On and a big ALSA update, along with SCSI updates (big qla update, for
example).

So let's calm down and make sure all the updates are ok.

pdc202xx_old OOPS's on load in case of completely modular IDE (core and pci ide drivers). I have yet to capture the OOPS, as someone has just ran away with the one serial cable over here.

If we're lucky Bart knows what's missing without the trace ( :-) ! ). If not, I'll see if I can get netconsole up and running.