Re: IA32 (2.6.2 - 2004-02-05.22.30) - 3 New warnings (gcc 3.2.2)

From: viro
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 00:48:04 EST

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 01:00:06AM +0000, Jon Foster wrote:
> I agree with Viro that the best solution would be if there was some way
> to tell GCC that the inline assembly doesn't return - probably by attaching
> __attribute__((noreturn)) to it.

That __attribute__ would have to go with __asm__ - it should tell gcc
that insn has no successors. And that would be a PITA to deal with
- gcc parser is not a thing of beauty as it is, so changing it would
not be fun.

Easier to express that as an asm constraint - then it will have no impact
on the high-level parser and constraint parser is simple enough...