Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc1

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 01:03:51 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
On Saturday 07 of February 2004 11:24, Andre Tomt wrote:
pdc202xx_old OOPS's on load in case of completely modular IDE (core and
pci ide drivers). I have yet to capture the OOPS, as someone has just
ran away with the one serial cable over here.

If we're lucky Bart knows what's missing without the trace ( :-) ! ). If
not, I'll see if I can get netconsole up and running.

:-(

Please try to capture this OOPS.

Hmm. Netconsole just hangs my kernel, probably due to me mis-merging it into 2.6.3-rc1. So here it is, the pen and paper version :-)

It is somewhat shortened, if you need more information from the oops, ask and I'll see what I can do.

Unable to handle kernel virtual paging request at virtual address 24748b24

EIP is at ide_pci_register_host_proc+0x27/0x40 [ide_core]

init_chipset_pdc202xx [pdc202xx_old]
do_ide_setup_pci_device [ide_core]
ide_setup_pci_device [ide_core]
pdc202xx_init_one [pdc202xx_old]