RE: USB 2.0 mass storage problem

From: Francis, Chong Chan Fai
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 02:03:39 EST

> Probably a problem with pcmcia.

> I've used a usb 2.0 pci card, but the cpu usage is so high that it's just
as
> fast as the same card using the uhci-hcd driver -- and uhci uses *much*
> less cpu.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have the performance problem with USB2.0, it read a file lightning
fast (compare with USB 1.0), but just hang shortly after a few files.

I using USB 1.0 as a work around, but my disk is 120G and the speed is
terrible.

Because the command " lspci " show the PCMCIA bus correctly, I didn't
thought it could be a problem. If it is the case, what can I do?