Re: [PROBLEM] 2.6.3-rc1: still no suspend/resume on Centrino notebook

From: Georg C F Greve
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 12:20:42 EST

> I should clarify that this does not happen on *all* Centrino
> notebooks (and not the ones I've tried), only some.

Do you still remember which notebooks you did _not_ encounter these
problems with? More particularly which chipsets they had? I've seen so
many reports for this problem that it would be interesting to know
where it does _not_ exist.

The number of notebooks with that problem seems considerable -- people
reported these problems on different Centrino notebooks from different
vendors, particularly

ASUS M and S series
ACER TravelMate
IBM Thinkpad R50P

that all seemed to have precisely one thing in common: the Intel 855GM
centrino chipset.

Similar problems have also been reported from Fujitsu-Siemens e6624
notebook, which has an intel i830 chipset. As the kernel 2.6 currently
seems to use the i830 AGP driver for the Intel 855GM chipset, those
two might (or might not) be related.

That we have not seen more reports is probably because people are
still mostly using 2.4.x on their notebooks, which was better for
suspend/resume (I'm using a patched 2.4.24 as I'm writing this).

Regards,
Georg