Re: 2 PROBLEMs: mkinitrd fails during make install (2.6.1) + firstnetwork connect fails after boot (2.6.1)

From: Matthew Caron
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 23:43:19 EST

Randy.Dunlap wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:16:17 -0500 Matthew Caron <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| PROBLEM 1:
| | 1. Summary:
| mkinitrd fails during make install (2.6.1)
| mkinitrd fails with error:
| | No module 3w-xxxx found for kernel 2.6.1
| mkinitrd failed
| make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
| make: *** [install] Error 2
| | config command was: 'make xconfig'
| build command was: 'make clean modules_install install'

What version of mkinitrd? Please send output from 'mkinitrd --version'.
Latest version seems to be 3.5.18.

mkinitrd: version 3.5.14

Bear in mind, this works on another machine running the same version of mkinitrd.

[snipped]

Wow, I almost missed prob. 2. Probably better as separate postings.

I thought about that, but decided to post them together, since each bug references the other - each bug only occurs on that machine, not another one with similar configuration.

| PROBLEM 2:
| | 1. Summary:
| first network connect fails after boot
| The first connection to any host on any port fails after boot/reboot. | Subsequent connects work fine. Typical errors are:
| | ssh: connect to host foobar port 22: Resource temporarily unavailable
| | Firebird reports "Document Contains No Data"

<snipped>

--
Freedom to learn, freedom to share,
freedom to change, freedom to improve.