Re: Kernel Oops

From: Mathieu LESNIAK
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 02:08:24 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 12:05:56PM +0100, Mathieu LESNIAK wrote:

Hi !

I've got this kernel oops with 2.6.3-rc1 when I remove an usb peripheral. The result is the same if USB UHCI is compiled statically or in module.
Please find in attachment the output of lspci and .config

The usbscanner driver is obsoleted, marked as broken, and removed
completely in the -mm tree and my usb tree. Those changes will get sent
to Linus in a day or so.

In short, don't use this module, it's known to be broken and not needed.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Mathieu LESNIAK