Re: Does anyone still care about BSD ptys?

From: Ricky Beam
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 03:18:00 EST

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>Right, this is basically for 2.6/2.7 depending on if there are any
>stragglers who still use these things...

nettty (whatever you may find it named) uses the BSD pty interface. I don't
know how much work it would be to get it to use /dev/pts. I've not used it
for many years, so I cannot say anyone would care if it stopped working.

The code is at least 7 years old (originally written by Livingston.)

--Ricky