PCI based storage controller driver

From: Jinu M.
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 08:48:53 EST

Hi All,

We are writing a PCI storage controller driver on Linux.

Each of the PCI storage controllers can support up to 5 Memory devices (block). The driver we are developing should support many such PCI controllers with each one of them having 0 to 5 memory devices. The memory devices can be hot pluggable.

Our main concern here is the way we can associate the device structure (our structure) and the PCI structure (pci_dev) to each of the memory devices based on just the minor number.

I would like to know if some open source code exists which closely matches my requirement. We intend to develop it under GPL terms.

Regards,
-Jinu