Problem EIP + kernel panic

From: Emmanuel Gaudin
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 19:22:11 EST

Hi everybody , and sorry for my english.

I am under debian sid and i have installed the kernel 2.424 . After few time i
noticed that the new kernel-image on the debian apt tree was available. So i
decidede to install it. (For the 2.4.24 i did with the kernel sources and
make dep etc..) I have installed it then i reboot.
On the reboot i have a kernel panic due to a eip problem.
My mother board is a p4p800 and the kernel version i've installed is the
2.6.2-smp. (i have a 2.6 ghz intel cpu with hyperthreading.)

Have someone an idea?

thanks a lot

Manu