Re: Radeon fb patch

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 15:56:10 EST

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 04:59, Panagiotis Papadakos wrote:
> I tried to compile bk2 with the new radeofb patch, but it failed.
> The problem exists if you have enabled drm for radeon, because
> radeon_engine_reset is declared twice, once in drivers/char/drm/
> radeon_cp.c and the second time in drivers/video/aty/radeon_accel.c.
> The attached patch just renames radeon_engine_reset to
> radeonfb_engine_reset in drivers/video/aty and also radeon_engine_init
> to radeonfb_engine_init just for consistency. It compiles fine, but shows
> garbage on my notebook. Don't know if it is my patch or the new radeonfb
> code.

Thanks. I used to call radeonfb_ exposed routines to the outside world
and radeon_ internal ones, but your fix is probably the simplest way to
get out of the conflict with DRI indeed.

What kind of grabage do you get ? Can you re-enable DEBUG in radeonfb.h
and send me a dmesg log after boot ? Did the "old" radeonfb work
properly ? Also, what is the native resolution of your flat panel ?

Ben.