2.6 kernel, usb-storage and ps2 mouse problem

From: Steve Kieu
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 17:13:50 EST

Hi,

I got a box (details in the attached dmesg output), if
I plug the usb-storage (use usb 1.X) at the beginning
and boot kernel 2.6.X the box boot up and runing as
normal but run startx the mouse doesn't move. On the
contrary if I boot the box without the usb-storage
plugged in, everything works as normal, then plug the
usb disk, the disk also works as normal. (plug and
detach etc..).
There is no strange messages at all in the log file,
dmesg , etc.. .. The mouse is scroll optical mouse use
IMPS/2 protocol and attched to PS2 mouse port,

The problem doesn't appear in 2.4 kernel, at least
2.4.23-rc1 I got it here.

If more information is needed to debug it pls cc me.

Regards,

=====
S.KIEU

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
Send your love online with Yahoo! Greetings - FREE!