fh_verify: no root_squashed access hundreds of times a second again

From: Andrew Gray
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 12:20:31 EST

I'm not subscribed to the linux-kernel list, I would appreciate a CC on
any replies, but I will be watching the list as well. I'm reposting
this message in the hope someone will answer - neither I nor the mailing
list got any replies last time.

I am using kernel 2.4.24 on a heavily-used NFS server. I am receiving
hundreds of messages like:

"kernel: fh_verify: no root_squashed access at sessions/lastsession."

in my messages log, usually accompanied by a "last message repeated 6497
times" a minute or so later. I'm gathering it is just reporting it is
denying root access to a share, which is fine and exactly what I asked
for. Is there anyway to shut this logging off without just wiping the
line from fs/nfsd/nfsfh.c? I really can't afford to be rebooting the box
to install a new kernel right now. I've searched google, linux-kernel,
and other resources, and while I've found others with the same problem,
no solutions have been posted.

--
Andrew Gray
Systems Administrator