8139too + e1000 weirdness

From: Kristian Lyngstøl
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 07:54:28 EST

Greetings

I just removed my old 8139too card, upgraded to 2.6.2 and inserted a
Intel PRO 1000 Desktop MT card (e1000)... I did however forget to
remove 8139too from /etc/modules, so naturally it got modprobed
on boot... and loaded. Shouldn't it see that it doesn't have a
8139too card anymore? That sure is what I'm used to...

It did not show up on ifconfig, but it did however create a
strange effect which resulted in that I didn't get contact
with my gateway (ping or otherwise...) but all other machines
I tried (all though this wasn't many...). The problem resolved it
self when I rmmoded 8139too...

.config files and whatever more you need on request

--
Regards
Kristian Lyngstøl