Re: libata patch

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 15:29:31 EST

Mihai RUSU wrote:

Hi

Hmm, I hit the same problem (only once so far) on 2.6.2 vanilla. While I was installing one of my first SATA systems, on ICH5, I hit the same thing (some error in kernel log regardning DMA and the SATA hdd seemed frozen, the only commands working were those cached in RAM already). Hope this helps :) (sorry I couldnt do more, it only happened once so far).

Can you try 2.6.3-rc3? The questionable patch is not in 2.6.2 vanilla, FWIW.

If you could fill out a bug report at http://bugzilla.kernel.org/ and include "lspci -vvv" and "dmesg" output, that would be useful.

Jeff