Re: harddisk or kernel problem?

From: Nico Schottelius
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 18:36:00 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz [Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:17:34PM +0100]:
> [ ... ]
> Check your disk with SMART tools: http://smartmontools.sf.net.

Before I continue to report what I've found out:

Thank you all for your good help!

I'm really down as this is the second disk
dyeing within two month (and the second 2.5" hd even, I begin to think
notebooks don't like me :/).

I currently collect all data I get / find out to

http://schotteli.us/~nico/hd-problem.02/
(renamed it, as this does not look like a kernel problem and I don't
want somebody believe this).

Currently I don't really understand the output of smartctl and cannot
say what causes the error. Perhaps someone can give me a hint on this?

Greetings,

Nico