[Announce] Strace Test

From: dan carpenter
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 00:24:04 EST

Good evening,

I'm happy to announce the initial public release of
Strace Test. I believe Strace Test is the most
aggressive general purpose kernel tester available.
Strace Test generally crashes my system within
5 minutes (2.6.1-rc2).

Strace Test uses a modified version of strace 4.5.1.
Instead of printing out information about system calls,
the modified version calls the syscalls with improper
values. A patch and a binary for i386 are included
in the strace_test tar ball.

Strace Test uses LTP to generate real world syscalls.
Just unpack ltp and type 'make -k'. You don't
need to install the test if you don't want to.

The modifications make the test scripts go haywire.
To keep the test on track we restart it every 10
seconds. The first script is run as root and it
spawns off the test as a test user. Every 10 seconds
root kills off all the test user's processes and
restarts the test. The actual tests are run with
user permissions.

Strace Test is available from:
http://67.113.20.209/strace_test.tar.bz2

Test Instructions (for i386)