Re: 2.6.2: "-" or "_", thats the question

From: Harald Dunkel
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 14:06:17 EST

Ryan Reich wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Ryan Reich wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realize that your problem was also the inconsistency in module
names. Someone else suggested using a shell expansion; you could try

cat /proc/modules | tr _ - | grep -q "^${module_name/_/-}"

which is both short and works.

tr is usually in /usr/bin, which might not be available
at boot time. And probably you mean 'grep -q "^${module_name//_/-}"'

Did I mention that the inconsistency requires ugly and error-
prone workarounds? QED

Regards

Harri