Re: 2.6.3-rc3 (and possibly earlier 2.6): weird hang and oopses

From: Len Brown
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 01:27:45 EST

Alessandro,
Sure looks like a failure in the ACPI processor driver.

Please confirm your system is otherwise happy when you disable the
processor driver. eg. CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=n

Also, it would be helpful to know if this failure started recently or
you saw it in previous releases, b/c we've made some changes to the
processor driver recently.

thanks,
-Len

ps. acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the preferred alias to send