Re: 2.6.2 Kernel Badness with 1.0-5336 NVIDIA driver

From: Thomas Weich
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 15:30:58 EST

I had the same problems with NVidia 1.0-5336 but there was no hint
in /var/log/* that the NVidia driver caused the freeze. It wasn't necessary
that X was running, loading the nvidia Module was sufficient to freeze the
complete system after an unspecified amount of time.

For me, it worked to use the 1.0-5328 version with patches from www.minion.de.
Since then, everything is working without problems.

I'm not on the list.

Thomas