Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc4 Massive strange corruption with new radeonfb

From: Charles Johnston
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 19:33:16 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
Ok, it worked fine with that line commented out. I can switch vt's, be in X, etc. no problems.

Can you send me the dmesg log still please ?

Here it is:

radeonfb_pci_register BEGIN
radeonfb: probed SDR SGRAM 131072k videoram
radeonfb: mapped 16384k videoram
radeonfb: Retreived PLL infos from BIOS
radeonfb: Reference=27.00 MHz (RefDiv=6) Memory=337.00 Mhz, System=243.00 MHz
1 chips in connector info
- chip 1 has 2 connectors
* connector 0 of type 2 (CRT) : 2300
* connector 1 of type 4 (DVI-D) : 4210
Starting monitor auto detection...
radeonfb: I2C (port 1) ... not found
radeonfb: I2C (port 2) ... not found
radeonfb: I2C (port 3) ... not found
radeonfb: I2C (port 4) ... not found
radeonfb: Reversed DACs detected
radeonfb: Reversed TMDS detected
radeonfb: I2C (port 2) ... not found
radeonfb: I2C (port 4) ... not found
Non-DDC laptop panel detected
radeonfb: I2C (port 3) ... not found
radeonfb: I2C (port 4) ... not found
radeonfb: Monitor 1 type LCD found
radeonfb: Monitor 2 type no found
radeonfb: panel ID string: U0674^B<9A>M1LW02
radeonfb: detected LVDS panel size from BIOS: 1920x1200
BIOS provided panel power delay: 1000
radeondb: BIOS provided dividers will be used
ref_divider = 6
post_divider = 1
fbk_divider = 48
Scanning BIOS table ...
320 x 350
320 x 400
320 x 400
320 x 480
400 x 600
512 x 384
640 x 350
640 x 400
640 x 475
640 x 480
720 x 480
720 x 576
800 x 600
848 x 480
1024 x 768
1280 x 1024
1280 x 768
1280 x 800
1600 x 1200
1680 x 1050
1920 x 1200
Found panel in BIOS table:
hblank: 264
hOver_plus: 96
hSync_width: 32
vblank: 35
vOver_plus: 2
vSync_width: 6
clock: 16175
Setting up default mode based on panel info
radeonfb: Power Management enabled for Mobility chipsets
radeonfb: ATI Radeon NP SDR SGRAM 128 MB
radeonfb_pci_register END

hStart = 2016, hEnd = 2048, hTotal = 2184
vStart = 1202, vEnd = 1208, vTotal = 1235
h_total_disp = 0xef0110 hsync_strt_wid = 0x407da
v_total_disp = 0x4af04d2 vsync_strt_wid = 0x604b1
pixclock = 6182
freq = 16175
lvds_gen_cntl: 003cffa5

The only issue I see is when I do a 'clear' on the vt, it doesn't clear the text, but blanks every nth row of pixels. Switching vt's and back clears the screen.

Does this happen even without using XFree ? There is a known problem
with clears when switching _from_ XFree... I'm working on a fix.

Yes, the blanking issue is still present without XFree.

There are also a few rows of garbage pixels at the bottom that linger across vt switches.

Yes, same as above afaik

The bottom garbage is not present without XFree.