Re: Cannot enable APIC with 2.6.2

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 21:13:24 EST

It is not strictly related to ACPI, but many newer systems that support APIC
(and, for Pentium 4 machines, HyperThreading as well) don't export any
"old-style" MP tables that describe the IO APIC (or the HT CPU siblings),
and these can only be detected through ACPI.

Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx