Re: 2.6.2: "-" or "_", thats the question

From: Harald Dunkel
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 03:49:15 EST

Wakko Warner wrote:
Rusty Russell wrote:

Most users don't want to remember that it's ip_conntrack but uhci-hcd.

I'd like to chime in about this.

I'd prefer it be - all the way around (I know I can use either). Since I
can ask for module uhci_hcd or uhci-hcd and get uhci-hcd.ko loaded, I've
been using -. It's a bit easier to type since I don't have to hit shift for
each _

It is really not important here whether anybody prefers '_'
or '-'. IMHO everybody should be free to use both, even
within one symbol filename.

What I do not like is that /proc/modules lies about the
names of the loaded modules. I can understand that you
are not affected by this problem, because all you see is
module-init-tools, but others _are_ affected.

Regards

Harri