[REALLY STUPID] Re: Linux 2.6.3

From: Maciej Soltysiak
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 10:17:58 EST

> >> What? No new code name?
> >
> > I suppose that'll come with the first 2.6.4-rc#.
>
> That's not logical. 2.6.2 was "Feisty Dunnart", so 2.6.3 should have
> a new name.
Okay, this one's the *most stupid* out of my stupid posts, but here goes:

How about choosing names from puppet names from different countries ?
Everyone likes to see something that relates to his country in international
projects, also there are people that wouldn't mind getting to know some
silly things about others.

Here in Poland, we have had a tv puppet show with a puppet dog called
"Pankracy". [prenounced: pan-krah-tzee]
He entertained the kids for some time, and now everyone remembers him
and has good memories of him. He was a joyful and innocent puppy.
I remember watching the show in 1980s. Vote on pankracy, he's really cool.
Plus: there are audio files with the theme from the show.

http://www.polskaludowa.com/dzwiek/nagrania/piatek_z_pankracym.mp3
(111 kB)

An International touch to the naming scheme. That's my example proposal.
What do you say?

Regards,
Maciej