Re: v2.6 in vmware?

From: Eric
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 12:47:38 EST

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 7:37 am, Zoltan NAGY wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been trying to get 2.6.x working in vmware4, but it drops some
> oopses during init... I cannot provide details, but I'm sure that it
> does not just me who are having problems with it..

Right now I am using Vmware 4.something in kernel 2.6.2-rc3 and will upgrade
to 2.6.3 and im pretty sure it will work. Make sure you use the appropriate
install script. Someone has published their own patches to make VMware more
compatible w/ 2.6.
Do a google for vmware-any-any-update49.tar.gz or updateXX where XX might be
a newer version. I have not had any oopses with this package. The only
problem I have is some older versions of the update package wouldnt compile.
Perhaps you are insmodding a module built for 2.4 and crashing the kernel?