Re: AIC7xxx kernel problem with 2.4.2[234] kernels

From: Stephen Smoogen
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 14:46:57 EST

Just so that people googling on this in later months days, years..
versus email me directly.. it seems to be a hardware difference with the
U2 LVD Carrier that is causing the problem with the timeouts. I am
trying to get a disk, carrier, and plug to Justin so that he can run a
SCSI analyzer on it to find out what this is 'mangling'.

This is probably a bad workaround for anyone else seeing this but a way
to get the system to boot was turn off DV in the module for the
controller: dv:{0,0,0,0} allowed for the system to boot and work pretty
well with a bonnie test. Justin and others would know if it were good.

--
Stephen John Smoogen smoogen@xxxxxxxx
Los Alamos National Lab CCN-5 Sched 5/40 PH: 4-0645