Re: Intel vs AMD x86-64

From: Peter Maas
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 16:31:25 EST

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14222

Ok,
now that Intel has finally come clean about their x86-64 implementation
(see

http://www.intel.com/technology/64bitextensions/index.htm?iid=techtrends+spotlight_64bit

for full details), can somebody write up a list of differences? I know
there are people who have had access to the Intel docs for a while now,
and obviously Intel is too frigging proud to list the differences
explicitly.

>From what I can tell from a quick look, it looks like it is basically just
the 3DNow vs SSE3 thing, but I assume there are other details too. Can
people who have been involved with this make a quick list for the rest of
us who only got to see the final details today?

(And I assume there's somebody with a few patches pending..)

Thanks,
Linus