Strange problem with alsa, emu10k1 and ut2003 on 2.6.3

From: j . combes . ml
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 08:55:16 EST

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the sound on my PC [1] with the kernel
2.6.3 when I play to unreal tournement 2003. I use the same configuration
as the 2.6.1 which work quite well on my computer.

When I play to UT2003, sounds are not clean : there is some crackling.
Moreover, the music is played two or three time faster than normally. As
I haven't got this problem with 2.6.1, I imagine that it can be a problem
with the new alsa version.

I test to read some mp3 with xmms, it seem to work correctly.

any advices ?

[1] Athlon 2400+, VIA KT400, sblive, geforce fx with nvidia driver,
PREEMPT enabled.

Regards,
Julien