Re: Security update patch to 2.6.3 for mremap()?

From: Nur Hussein
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 12:47:32 EST

Thank you for the clarification, and I apologize for my previous email
which went horribly wrong wrt formatting.

> AFAIK, the 2.4 path should be this one, shouldn't it?
> http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4/patch@xxxxxx?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-2d|cset@xxxxxx

> http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/diffs/mm/mremap.c@xxxx?nav=index.html|src/|src/mm|hist/mm/mremap.c
> 2.6.3 is safe, it seems

Yes, those two patches seem to match up.

However, I am still intrigued by this fix:

http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4/diffs/mm/mremap.c@xxx?nav=cset@1.1136.94.4

It does not seem to be in 2.6.3. I can only assume 2.6.x does not
require it? The Changeset says it is to prevent a potential exploit by
the malicious use of mremap().

-= Nur Hussein =-