Re: 2.6.3 RT8139too NIC problems

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 17:50:21 EST

Nick Warne wrote:
Hello all,

Due to traffic restraints, I am not on the lkml - please CC replies.

Yesterday I built 2.6.3. Clean build, and system runs nice.

I have two NIC's in the box, both rt8139.

But I noticed I am getting this in syslogs:

Linux233 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
Linux233 kernel: eth1: link up, 10Mbps, half-duplex, lpa 0x0000
Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux not responding, still trying
Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux not responding, still trying
Linux233 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux OK
Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux OK
Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux not responding, still trying
Linux233 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux OK

This is usually irq routing related... Try booting with 'noapic' or similar.

Jeff