Re: [drivers][sata-promise] TX4 has the cache enabled, it shouldbe disabled

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 09:33:25 EST

MALET JL wrote:
I relooked into manual (see promise site support, user manual) and there are two parameters for TX4 : write through/ write back , cache on cache off..... I don't know which cache is it about but I'll redo some test (argh you oblige me to reboot to windows! did you thought of my uptime! LOL )this evening but as far as I remember the optimal values where write through /no cache.....
on windows with cache on their was small hangs too....
I noticed then that a prempible kernel is not a good idea in my case : lot more "small hangs"......

This would be the drive's cache, not the card's cache.

Jeff