Re: kernel too big

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 15:50:03 EST

Andries.Brouwer@xxxxxx wrote:
> +
> + if ((is_big_kernel && end && end > 0xc0c00000) ||
> + (!is_big_kernel && sys_size > DEF_SYSSIZE)) {

The only issue I see here is that is_big_kernel is actually wrong, the
correct logic should be:

if ((end && end > 0xc0c00000) ||
(!is_big_kernel && sys_size > DEF_SYSSIZE))

Not that it matters much, but it's correct that way.

I would also feel a lot happier if this was actually defined
symbolically somewhere, and there was a comment connecting it to head.S.

Alternative I could take a stab at making these tables auto-generated
and therefore completely eliminate this dependency for bzImage.

-hpa