Re: fb_console_init fix.

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 19:24:17 EST

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 10:54, Greg KH wrote:

> What's wrong with the current range of init call sections? Can't that
> work for fb devices today?

We can probably work with those. I just don't fell like changing that
part of fbdev right now. More important fixes to get in first (and
there's a shitload of crap related to calling the setup functions in
fbdev's that need fixing too if/when we change that init stuff).

My idea about adding an initcall level was for pure convenience, but
may be wrong. It's handy to have the console inited before the rest
that's all ;) We can leave that out for now, maybe just linking
drivers/video before the rest is enough to get that anyway.

Ben.