Large slab cache in 2.6.1

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 19:53:57 EST

Actually 2.6.1-bk2-nfsd-stalefh-nfsd-lofft (two nfsd patches that already made it into 2.6.2 and 2.6.3)

http://www.matchmail.com/stats/lrrd/matchmail.com/srv-lnx2600.matchmail.com-memory.html

I have 1.5 GB of ram in this system that will be a Linux Terminal Server (but using Debian & VNC). There's 600MB+ anonymous memory, 600MB+ slab cache, and 100MB page cache. That's after turning off swap (it was 400MB into swap at the time).

Turning off the swap only shrank my page cache, and my slab didn't shrink one bit.

I'm sending this email because this is a production server, and I'd like to know if any patches after 2.6.1 would help this problem.

Thanks,

Mike