Re: Large slab cache in 2.6.1

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 21:40:49 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:

Similar issue here; I ran out of filp's/whatever shortly after booting.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 06:03:14PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:

So Nick Piggin's VM patches won't help with this?

I think they're in -mm, and I'd call the vfs slab cache shrinking stuff
a vfs issue anyway because there's no actual VM content to it, apart
from the code in question being driven by the VM.

Yes they're in -mm and in dire need of more testing.

The indented audience are people who's machines are swapping a lot,
but ensuring they don't break more common cases isn't a bad idea.