Re: Kernel Cross Compiling [update]

From: Dan Kegel
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 01:08:40 EST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
the GCC testsuite contains 2854 files in the relevant subdirs consistency.vlad, gcc.c-torture, gcc.dg, and
gcc.misc-tests.
after removing the non relevant tests (file matching egrep '#include|float|double') 1799 C files remain.
the result of the tests and comparison[4] shows that
both compilers produce the same code, except for one
little difference[5], which I'm unable to explain ...
> [5] http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/Cross/Comparison/TEST-alpha.diff

my conclusion so far is that my approach should be
sufficient for Kernel Cross Compiling.

Perhaps, but it's harder to repeat than using my crosstool script;
you said you had to munge a bunch of header files, but with
crosstool no special munging is required. AFAIR you haven't
posted your header-munging procedure.

It's vaguely possible that your header munging was wrong, which
caused that one diff on alpha.

Say, could you compare compiling the kernel with the two
toolchains, and see if there are any differences?
- Dan

--
US citizens: if you're considering voting for Bush, look at these first:
http://www.misleader.org/