Re: Fw: v4l fails after on 2.6.3 (works on 2.6.2)

From: Gerd Knorr
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 06:17:15 EST

> After upgrade of kernel 2.6.2 -> 2.6.3 (built from exactly the same
> config) I'm no longer able to use my TV tuner card. When I launch tvtime
> following appears in system log:
> kernel: tuner: Huh? tv_set is NULL?

Yea, thats exactly the corner case which the last-minute tuner.c fix for
2.6.3 gets very wrong because the initialization code doesn't run :-/

Fix is already in the queue, I think both -mm and Linus' latest -bk have
that.

> tvtime reports that "there is no signal" and when I try to change the
> channel, following appears in the log:
> kernel: bttv0: skipped frame. no signal? high irq latency? [main=1bd24000,o_vbi=1bd24018,o_field=e74c000,rc=ee9c3e0]

Thats just because tuning doesn't work at all and thus there is no
signal.

> options tuner type=5
> options bttv card=16

Use "options bttv card=16 tuner=5" instead, that should work. I'll
probably drop the "tuner type=" insmod anyway in near future, just have
to check with other users of the tuner.o module that it wouldn't break
anything.

Gerd