microcode, devfs: Wrong interface change in 2.4.25

From: Giacomo A. Catenazzi
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 10:03:13 EST

Hello!

From the 2.4.25, devfs doesn't create anymore the microcode
device in /dev/cpu/microcode (as expected from in devices.txt
and LANANA) but in /dev/misc/microcode. The /dev/cpu/microcode
path is also hardcoded also in microcode_ctl and distributions
create only /dev/cpu/microcode.

So last microcode patch (in 2.4.25) is wrong.
You should add again the /dev/cpu/microcode support in devfs, so
that the normal and stable interface is maintained (in stable
kernel serie)

ciao
giacomo