Re: [BUG] 2.6.3 Slab corruption: errors are triggered when memoryexceeds 2.5GB (correction)

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 12:43:48 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

Actually, it's often caused by someone doing atomic_dec_and_test() against
something which was already freed.

The previous user is always kfree_skbmem - I would be surprised if there are atomic operations against the skb data area.

Darren, could you try the latest bk snapshot? Linus yesterday merged a patch that hexdumps the affected bytes. We must try to find a pattern - always same offset into a page, always same physical address, always same offset into the object, etc.

--
Manfred