RE: Intel vs AMD x86-64

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 16:21:49 EST

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Sean Fao wrote:

> Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >Now, I'm not above complaining about Intel (in fact, the Intel people seem
> >to often think I hate them because I'm apparently the only person who gets
> >quoted who complains about bad decisions publicly), but at least I try to
> >avoid complaining before-the-fact ;)
> >

> It must come with the territory ;-). Your message has already made it to
> Slashdot so I'm sure this time will be no different.

Yeah, and that's unfair to Intel. They've done the right thing
technically, and I applaud them for that, but their marketing people are
pricks.

Everybody else is "Intel-compatible" when they make x86 chips. Intel is
apparently a bit too used to _not_ saying "AMD-compatible".

Oh, well. The marketing people are probably proud of their "branding", and
screw the confusion.

Linus