2.6.3-bk6 JBD assert failure in jbd/transaction.c

From: Alessandro Suardi
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 19:03:37 EST

2.6.3-bk6 hangs hard loading (binary) SmartLink winmodem module,
and prints an assertion failure in

__journal_unfile_buffer() in jbd/transaction.c at line 1512
jh->b_jlist < 8

Dead keyboard, can only keep power button pushed to power off.

I know - it's a binary module. The only reason I'm reporting this
is that same module (2.9.6) works with earlier kernels such as
2.6.3-rc3-bk1, and the assertion failure is in JBD which doesn't
seem to have anything to do with the slamr.ko module but has at
least very small changes in -bk6 that aren't in -bk4; so, it's a
"just in case" the winmodem module happens to trigger an actual
bug in the JBD code changes recently introduced.

I'll also report the issue to SmartLink - of course.

--alessandro

"Two rivers run too deep
The seasons change and so do I"
(U2, "Indian Summer Sky")