Re: PRD_ENTRIES is 256

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 11:20:01 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
On Wednesday 25 of February 2004 10:53, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

PRD_ENTRIES is specified to be precisely 256; on platforms where
PAGE_SIZE varies from 4KB the calculation in the current expression
defining it is inaccurate, which may cause crashes. This patch changes
it to the constant literal 256.

Ok, thanks. However I cannot find 256 entries limit in any ATA document
and from looking at the code 512 entries shouldn't be a problem (?).

I can't find the 256 limit either, but I would swear it exists... I'll ask around. Certainly it would be nice for lba48 to have larger tables...

Jeff