Re: network / performance problems

From: Ron Peterson
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 14:21:42 EST

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Ron Peterson wrote:

> I've also added some graphs of must monitoring mist (which is the machine
> I actually care about the most right now). Mist ping latencies are
> predictably on the upswing again. I'll likely be rebooting soon.
>
> http://depot.mtholyoke.edu:8080/tmp/must-mist/2002-02-24_8:40/

I've had to turn my attention to some other responsibilities, so I haven't
done any kernel profiling yet. However, I can report that I rebooted
'mist' into 2.4.20 yesterday, and I have seen rock solid .15 ms response
times for more than 24 hours. Host 'must' is likewise now stable, running
2.4.20 for two days now. I have graphs, logs, etc. if anyone cares to see
them.

mist is hyperthreaded dual xeon now back to built-in broadcom adapter (tg3
module). must is single cpu asus p4pe w/ 3com adapter.