Re: help in sysfs

From: Ryan Reich
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 00:39:12 EST

glauber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sorry if I'm being redundant

I spent a lot of time looking for it, and did not find, so I came here for help
Perhaps anyone can help me, or point me to the right place to ask

I did not yet fully understand how sysfs works, and so, any docs would be welcome

My main problem is: I'm trying to use udev, but some devices for
drivers that are compiled in the kernel does
not appear in. I searched for entries representing then in /sys, and found no one
Specifically, no pts is found there
in my .config, I have CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
What can I do in order to solve this problem?

Have you mounted /dev/pts?

$ mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts

(Of course, /dev/pts needs to exist first). They should appear when you connect to a terminal.

Also, not all the supported devices have yet been ported to sysfs.

--
Ryan Reich
ryanr@xxxxxxxxxxxx