Re: 2.6.3-mm4

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 03:39:19 EST

Quoting Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Anyway, I think all you need to do is get the cvs tree of the
> lmsensors package. Sensors people, the needed changes are commited
> into the tree, right?

No. The changes are waiting in my local repository, ready to be applied.
I didn't want to apply them because we were supposed to release
lm_sensors 2.8.5 (for Linux 2.6.3 users) and the sysfs names change
wouldn't belong there.

The libsensors patches are available on my personal server here:
http://jdelvare.net1.nerim.net/sensors/
Apply both patches in order and you'll get a 2.6.3-mm4-compliant
library.

I will apply the libsensors changes to the CVS repository as soon as the
kernel modules changes are accepted into Linus' tree. If we did not
release a new version since there, I'll take a CVS snapshot right
before so that Linux 2.6.3 users have a usable version available (but
my preference strongly goes to releasing 2.8.5 instead).

Thanks for testing.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/