2.6.3-mmX locks up reading scratched SVCD

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 04:51:12 EST

Hi,

I have a scratched SVCD and reading it back with vcdimager-0.7.14
locks up the machine completely. I tried it with kernels is 2.6.3-mm[1234].
I have not tried older kernel.

A flawless SVCD can be read back. I also tried reading back a bad overburned SVCD,
(cdrdao-1.1.8 reported error at the end) and it also locked up the machine.
I fixated this disk, tried reading back -> lockup.
Two IDE CD-RWs produce the same effect: LG 52/24/52 and Sony 48/24/48.
Something must be bad in the ide-cd driver, it should at least report an
error instead of locking up.

--
Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi